Skip to main content

Is it legal for the company that owns my apartment complex to make copies of my debit cards?

Spring Valley, IL |

They want a copy for their records of my Child Support, and unemployment cards.

Attorney Answers 1


It is certianly legal to ask for copies. You can refuse, but it is possible they are looking to validate that you have sufficient income to rent the unit. Speak to them rather than us and ask why they need it. Perhaps you can come to an agreement

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics