Is it legal for someone under the age of 17 in New York State to be sexually active with a legal adult, if they're married?

Keeseville, NY |
Filed under: Marriage and prenups

I'm getting married soon, and I was wondering if it was legal to be sexually active with a 39 year old if there's parental consent, If married? please and thank you.

The age of consent in NY is 17. Anyone under that age being sexually active with a 39 year old is guilty of rape.

I am an attorney with over a decade of experience in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have experience in all five boroughs as well is Nassau and Suffolk County. I can be reached any time at 347-289-5886. The opinion expressed in this ad based upon the limited information provided and do not indicate an attorney-client relationship

If you are under the age of 17 it would be illegal even with parental consent.

We're married though -__-

If you are married, for which you would need court approval in NY would, it would be permissible to be sexually active with your husband. Prior to the marriage, it would not be legal.

Marriage and prenups topics