Is it legal for someone under the age of 17 in New York State to be sexually active with a legal adult, if they're married?

Asked 5 months ago - Keeseville, NY

I'm getting married soon, and I was wondering if it was legal to be sexually active with a 39 year old if there's parental consent, If married? please and thank you.

1. David Zaslavsky

2

Answered . The age of consent in NY is 17. Anyone under that age being sexually active with a 39 year old is guilty of rape.

2. Bruce Provda

Pro

2

Answered . If you are under the age of 17 it would be illegal even with parental consent.

3. Glen P. Malia

Answered . If you are married, for which you would need court approval in NY would, it would be permissible to be sexually active with your husband. Prior to the marriage, it would not be legal.