Is it legal for police to request a UA upon arresting me on a outstanding warrant for false imprisonment?

Asked over 5 years ago - Marshall, MN

I'm being charged with false imprisonment and child neglect. The alleged victim has spoken to the county attorney in an attempt to have these trumped up charges dropped but my first concern(baby steps) is if it is legal for them to give me a UA? The incident involved no mood altering substances. Your thoughts would be great and very much appreciated.

1. Thomas C Gallagher

Answered . The court commonly requires a person charged with felony crimes to comply with conditions of pretrial release. If a condition is violated the court could order the person held in jail pending trial. Urine analysis (UA) could be made such a condition. There is a good argument that the Minnesota Constitution guarantees the right to bail wthout conditions, but this depends upon the court's enforcement.