Is it legal for officers to pull me over for having paper plates...

Asked over 1 year ago - San Gabriel, CA

i think the reason why they stopped me was because she seen my friend that was with me had a bald head. i guess to the officer that probably meant he was trouble which he isn't..but after they card him they felt stupid because he has no record and never been in trouble with the law. so after they harassed him they came and told me to step out of the car and searched me even before they ran my identification. would i be able to fight this case due to the fact that they stopped me with no probable cause even though they found a little bit of meth. that i had on me? I also went to jail but i got bailed out

1. Michael Moshe Levin

3

Answered . Pull you over, yes. Once they see the temporary registration in the window, they should let you go.

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . A traffic stop can be no longer than necessary. Any thing else and it becomes an outlawed fishing expedition. As soon as they checked the paper plates you should have been free to go. Now go get them and good luck.