Is it legal for my tenant to park his car in my driveway with an illegal inspection sticker? We are in the state of MA.

Methuen, MA |

He has an out dated sticker that was rejected for emissions, black 'R'.

Needs sticker

Does your tenant have authority to park his car in your driveway? As long as the vehicle is off the road (I assume your driveway is private property) I do not see any issues given the facts you have provided.

Stefano V. D'Agostino, Esq. is licensed to practice only in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Massachusetts Federal District Court. All legal answers are based on Massachusetts Law and are ONLY intended to provide informational purposes. ANY answers should not be considered legal advice and does not form an attorney-client relationship. Therefore, answers should not be relied upon without first seeking the consultation of an independent licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. This post does not intend to solicit business and may be considered attorney advertisement in some jurisdictions. Statements of prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. |

State, local, and municipal law topics

Recommended articles about State, local, and municipal law