Is it legal for my neighbor to point video cameras at my house and video tape around the clock?

Colorado Springs, CO |

Our neighbor has several video cameras pointed directly at our house and fromt year.

If the cameras are pointed to capture personal activities on your property and in your house, they are technically committing an offense of eavesdropping. Law enforcement has to go to DAs and judges to get orders for just that type of observation (I was both a judge and a DA). This is a clear invasion of privacy. You do have a clear expectation of privacy to be able to do what you want in your house and on your property. I would report it to the El Paso County DA's Office ASAP and contact an attorney about getting an injunction against them for continuing to doing this.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Video recording laws topics

Recommended articles about Video recording laws