Is it legal for me to move in with a relative without parental consent at the age of 17

Hebron, CT |

i am having a real hard time living with my grandmother/guardian and i want to live with my biological mother. there is also an investigation going on with dcf
but i just want to move out now with her. i dont know how long i can take it with my grandmother

I will offer you only some suggestions or things to consider and no legal advice or opinion - I hope it's helpful:
(1) Have you discussed your thoughts and feelings with your DCF case worker, grandmother, and mother? (2) If there are documents or court orders pertaining to your guardianship, etc., you may find some information or provisions that may offer you something helpful. (3) How long until your 18th birthday?

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

Excellent advice

Take a close look at what Attorney Lubenstein says.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

Recommended articles about Family law