Is it legal for an insurance company to try increase my premium or kick me out just because i did not have insurance myself.

Fort Worth, TX |

I recently bought an auto insurance online because I was going to start using my mom's car for college, I had never been on my moms previous insurance because it was not necessary to be on it b/c i never drove that vehicle, I was legally license since the age of 16 though. Now after being with Nationwide for about 3 months they recently decided to e-mail me that they were not satisfied with the declaration pages b/c my name was not on them. most likely what they're wanting to do is increase my premium or kick me out. Is that okay even though they never mentioned anything when i first purchased the insurance.

Not sure what you are asking since the insurer has not yet tried to raise your rates. Why was your name not on the declarations page if you bought the insurance?

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

You might want to re-post your question - don't understand. Who is on the declaration page - your mother etc? Why not just call Nationwide for an explanation

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

You should talk to Nationwide and get clarification. You should take your info to a couple of local agents for other opinions.

Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum.