Is it legal for an Employer to ask for "Any" communications with an Attorney

Asked 8 months ago - Augusta, GA

I received this email. "I am not sure how much clearer this can be made. Any communication from your attorney (i.e. legal representative) regarding issues you may have with this facility must be forwarded (i.e. sent, provided, directed) to Chris K####, Labor Attorney. I do not/will not speak with your legal representative unless I am directed by the labor attorney. If you are still confused about this, you are welcome to contact the labor attorney or CPAC". So can they ask for "Any" communication? Or is there limitations as to what they can ask for? Thanks Matthew

1. Anthony Bettencourt Cameron

3

1

Answered . I think you are seeing demons where there are none. It is clear to me this is a reference to communications FROM your attorney TO the company, NOT TO YOU. Read that way, it is perfectly lawful behavior.

2. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Answered . Yes, it is legal for them to ask. Your communications with your lawyer are privileged, but you can waive that privilege and share those communications with your employer if you wish to do so.