Is it legal for a store manager of a large corporation to be able to view my annual earnings?

Asked over 1 year ago - Ofallon, MO

store manager told me he was able to see what i made last year . can he legally view my W's ?

1. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

7

Answered . If the manager is your supervisor, he/she has most likely the authority to see it. If the store manager handles the financials or economics of the store and all employees employment, most likely yes. In general, if you are talking about a manager with supervisory function (Ceo, Coo, VP for Finance, etc.), he/she can see the Ws of all of his/her employees. If you have doubt you should check the employees' manual or ask to your HR. Best

2. Frank Anthony Natoli

3

Answered . Hi,

There really is nothing that prohibits your employer from sharing your income info with other employees. Obviously, some employees would be required to work with that info. Even if you do not believe this employee had no good reason that really is not your call to make.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    (see Disclaimer)

3. David B Pittman

Pro

2

Answered . I don't see any legal reason why this would not be permissible.