Is it legal for a school to make a desk completely surrounded by walls and then placing a student in said desk as a punishment

Odin, IL |

Yes, this can be used as a time-out type of punishment in appropriate circumstances. Appropriate circumstances would be especially for circumstances where the student is having difficulties with self-control and attentive to class activities.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

That sounds like a time out environment. Nothing wrong with it.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt