Is it legal for a regular person (someone without a concealed weapons license) to carry a night stick in their car in Florida?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

Can i carry my night stick in my car for self defense reason or would i need a concealed weapons license?

1. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

Answered . This is a difficult question to answer because there are so many variables. If a weapon is not immediately accessible for use and is in a closed container, you should be okay. The statutes regarding weapons can be ambiguous--especially when it comes to being in a car--and the best bet is to get a carry concealed weapon (CCW) permit through the State rather than becoming a test case. I might suggest that rather than carrying a deadly weapon--which a club can be--that you consider pepper-spray or a stun gun, neither of which requires a CCW. You are far less likely to have legal issues that way.

Here is a link to the statutes:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?A...