Skip to main content

Is it legal for a officer to deny you a statement report and to press charges after being a victim of gang violence?

Utica, NY |

i was brutally attacked and robbed police wouldnt allow me to make a statement give a report nor let me file charges even though i called them to the scene and left in an ambulance and sustained many injuries

Attorney Answers 3

  1. That is unusual given the injuries. Try the State Police or District Attorney.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  2. It is unusual for the police to not take a complaint in the case of an assault. Contact the county DA.

  3. Call Utica PD (315) 735-3301 and ask for a detective to make a complaint.

    Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Police misconduct topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics