Skip to main content

Is it legal for a non custodial parent to change a minors last name without the consent of the custodial parent?

Green Cove Springs, FL |
Filed under: Legal custody

My sons father told me he is going to change my sons last name to his we were not married when i had my son so he got my name can he do that with out my consent?

Attorney Answers 1


Is there an order establishing paternity? Has there been any formal acknowledgment of paternity? Is there a case pending? I don't have enough information to answer the question.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics