Is it legal for a landlord to charge tenants more for water than the municipal authority charges?

Asked 8 months ago - Beaver Falls, PA

The entire complex is on just one water meter. This includes foreign load (coin-op laundry facility, pool and Property Management building).
The lease stipulates that landlord pays no utilities. Utilities shall be provided to the premises at the Tenant's expense on a separate metering and/or billing basis either directly from the utility provider or on a sub-metering basis or percentage allocation basis.
Tenants do not receive bills for water. A charge for water is included on the rent invoice each month.
I am a single dweller. My monthly "water bill" equals what I paid quarterly for a house occupied by 6 people. The Property Manager refuses my requests for an individual bill showing usage or at least showing how my bill is figured. I simply want to know how they reach the amount.

1. Travis Richards

Answered . The landlord is tied to the language of the lease. If the landlord is charging you more than the lease allows you may actually have a consumer fraud claim. PAs consumer fraud act is not as strong as NJ but it still may be worth talking to an attorney.