Is it legal for a consenting 17 year old to have sex with a 20 year old in the state of Colorado?

Asked 9 months ago - Denver, CO

my girlfriends 17 and im 20 (3 year difference) shes been pressuring and badgering me into having sex with her and im ignorant when it comes to the law and it puts my nerves on edge cause im scared ill go to jail I just wanna know the honest legality of it cause the laws aren't very clear it says age of consent is 17 but in one of the articles it says its illegal with child and child used in said article means anyone under 18 so it sounds contradicting

1. Emily Therese Roberts

4

Answered . The age of consent in Colorado is 17. There are also close in age exceptions.

2. Brian B. Boal

Pro

2

Answered . I believe the statutory age difference is 5 or more years apart for criminal purposes.

3. V. Iyer

1

Answered . The best and safest way is to let her know it is better when she turns 18 and 1 day. Then she is considered an adult and then you do not have to worry about violating the law so long as it is mutually consensual. If she says No Then it is absolutely No. This applies you as it relates to her. Being absolutely safe is wise and prudent. All the best.