Is it legal for a cable company to have you sign a contract before you have a chance to read it?

Wisconsin Rapids, WI |

dish had me sign an electronic box, then informed me i had just signed a 2 year contract and that it will be emailed to me. It was never received via email. It was received a month following per my request in writing.

1. Given these facts it does not sound like you have a real contract. In order to form a legally binding contract, you need a "meeting of the minds", i.e. a party needs to know (or at least have a general knowledge of) what they are agreeing to.

The better question is what does this get you? Do you want to avoid the contact completely now?

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.