Is it legal for a 17 year old to date a 22 year old in ga.

Atlanta, GA |

wanted to know

The age of consent in Georgia is 16. The age of being ready to raise of family is less well defined, but involves finishing high school, considering college, tech school, or military service, and having a full-time job paying well above minimum wage.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Legal? Yes.

Wise? No.

Think about what you are doing. And note that it doesn't matter whether the older person is male, or female.

Be wise, and good luck.

Thanks for reading my response to this question. If your found this answer "Helpful" or "The Best Answer" PLEASE MARK IT, because Avvo awards me points. Thank you! Note that the questioner and any reader do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.

It is not illegal for a 22 year old to date a 17 year old. However, it is EXTREMELY UNWISE for a 17 year old to date a 22 year old!

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.