Is it legal for a 17 year old to date a 22 year old in ga.

Asked over 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

wanted to know

1. Brett Ladd

Pro

3

Answered . Legal? Yes.

Wise? No.

Think about what you are doing. And note that it doesn't matter whether the older person is male, or female.

Be wise, and good luck.

2. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

3

Answered . It is not illegal for a 22 year old to date a 17 year old. However, it is EXTREMELY UNWISE for a 17 year old to date a 22 year old!

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

3. Barry Franklin Poulson

2

Answered . The age of consent in Georgia is 16. The age of being ready to raise of family is less well defined, but involves finishing high school, considering college, tech school, or military service, and having a full-time job paying well above minimum wage.