IS IT INTENTIONAL FRAUD,FOR A CLOSE FAMILY MEMBER TO MIS REPRESENT A DOCUMENT FOR MY SIGNATURE AND ENTER MY HOME TO THEIR ESTATE

Asked over 1 year ago - Micco, FL

I AM A 54 YR OLD DISABLED VETERAN I BOUGHT MY HOME 12 YEARS AGO WITH THE SETTLEMENT FUNDS FROM MY INJURIES THE LOAN IS PAID IN FULL 3 YRS SHORT OF TERM AND UPON PAYING IT OFF MY MOTHER WHO I THOUGHT WAS THE MOST TRUSTED PERSON IN MY LIFE AT THE TIME. SHE PRESENTED ME WITH A DOCUMENT AND SAID IT WAS RELATED TO MY HOME TAXES AND INSURANCE SAID I DIDN'T NEED TO READ JUST SIGN IT. I DID AND WAS NOTIFIED LATER BY AN ATTORNEY I HAD BEEN TRICKED INTO HER PUTTING MY HOME INTO HER LIFE ESTATE! WAS THIS LEGAL AND IF NOT WHERE DO I BEGIN JUSTIFY ALL OF MY HARD EARNED $ THAT I PAID FOR MY HOME. I NOW HAVE A WIFE WHO I HAVE BEEN WITH FOR TEN YEARS NOW AND MARRIED FOR 2 THIS APRIL. THIS IS NOT RIGHT AND I NEED SOME LEGAL ADVICE TO CLARIFY THAT MY HOME IS NOT TO BE PART OF MY MOTHERS LIFE ESTATE.

1. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . An attorney would have to review the documents in order for you to get an answer.
    Otherwise-we would just be guessing.

2. Brittany Green Gloersen

2

Answered . You need to take a copy of what you signed to an estate planning or real estate attorney. If you do not have a copy, you should look in the public records to find the deed to the property. It is impossible to give you advice without seeing the document.

3. James P. Frederick

3

Answered . Your summary is confusing and made more so, perhaps, by the fact that you do not have a copy of what was signed. Whether you can set it aside or not is something that you will need to consult with an attorney about. No one can tell you your rights without being able to see the documents in question. The form may only grant your mother a life estate in the property if you die. There is no way to tell. See an attorney that specializes in estate planning and probate. The sooner you see someone, the sooner you can get some peace of mind and straighten things out.

James Frederick