Is it in case of car accident driver NOT have to provide other driver with his insurance and license information? Is it legal?

Asked 7 months ago - Sacramento, CA

Police officer told me today, driver don't have to provide other driver with his insurance and license information and it totally legal !!!!!!!! I was surprised!

1. Robert Bruce Kopelson

5

Best Answer

Answered . Don't have to provide ins info, but must provide name, address, drivers license number

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

3

Answered . No, but if you have his license number and plate number, name and address give it to your insurance company.

3. Maryam Parman

Pro

3

Answered . It is my understanding that after an accident, the drivers are to exchange driver's license information, vehicle license and insurance.

4. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

2

Answered . Your question is unclear. What are you asking?

5. Jason Allen Ewing

2

Answered . The answers above are correct. If there was a police report the information you are asking about will be in that report.

If you or any of your passengers were injured you need to consult with an experienced Personal Injury attorney immediately. Many attorneys, including my office, offer free consultations. Good luck.

6. Robert Vetchtein

Pro

Answered . See California Vehicle Code Section 16025 (a)(2).

Unless rendered incapble, Drivers have to exchange proof of financial responsibity.