Skip to main content

Is it illegal to send nude pic of someone via text or to post them on the internet with out concent of the nude party?

Forney, TX |

my ex boyfriend is sending out nude pictures of me to all his buddies and threating to post them on the internet. i have proof of him saying that he wouldnt send or show anyone the pictures. no minors are involed. does him saying he wouldnt send them out to anyone change anything? is there anything that i can do?

Attorney Answers 3


That is a major intrusion into your privacy, and you could consult an attorney and sue. Shocking that he lurked about and took those pictures. He will may be in violation of law, even if you are not a minor. You can search out an attorney near you via AVVO or local ads.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


My firm has experience in cases like this. You should consider scheduling a free consultation. Call 972.564.4644. We are located in old downtown Forney, next to the giant jackrabbit past the railroad tracks.

My avvo answers are not legal advice. This is not an attorney client relationship. Before making any decision on how to proceed, you should hire the best local criminal defense lawyer you can afford. Do not post sensitive information on Avvo, this forum is not privileged or confidential.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree


My colleagues are correct. Not only is this extreme and outrageous conduct that is intrusive of your privacy interest and your civil rights, but likely his actions are criminal in nature with all of the new "sexting" laws that are now in place. If you follow the news, numerous famous actors, actresses, and singers have been able to recover in lawsuits for individuals publishing such pictures of them against their wishes. Take the advice of the attorney in TX who responded to your posting and contact him ASAP. He might be able to file for an injunction preventing your ex-boyfriend from posting anything before any posts are made.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics