Is it illegal to record a teacher in class w/o permission in the state of GA. How do I get proof of a teacher picking on my son

Loganville, GA |
Filed under: Education law

Advised higher administrative. Had a meeting with teacher. Nothing was done. The problem with teacher has elevated. My son is discouraged to learn in her class.

1. Hire an educational rights attorney--that is the best way to proceed. As for the recording, you'll have to find out if Georgia is a one party consent or two party consent state. In two party consent states like California, it is illegal to audio record anyone without their consent, and doing so, carries with it criminal as well as civil penalties. In one party consent states, as long as the person doing the recording is a party to the conversation, then it's usually okay. However, they could still be in violation of school rules.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

Education law topics