Is it illegal to post a video of someone on the internet without their consent, if the video was taken with their consent.

Pompano Beach, FL |

My new girlfriend has an ex-boyfriend who is trying to get back at her for breaking up with him. When they were dating she let him take a video of her stripping for him and them having sex. He has been threatening to post the video online and I want to know if there is any legal action we can take to prevent the video from being exposed. Is what he is threatening to do legal??

The video was taken in his bedroom.

1. Consenting to filming a private sex tape does not equate to consenting to publish it to the public. Your girlfriend should file for an emergency injunction to prevent this video from being published. She will still have recourse if the video is published, but by that point a certain amount of damage will already have been done. I suggest she try to get an injunction as soon as possible.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.