Is it illegal to pay a woman to have ME massage HER?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kansas City, KS

I'd just like to be able to give a full body nude massage to a woman. I'd probably have to pay for it. Is this prostitution?

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

Answered . Although I have handled several prostitution related cases I have never been asked this question, not seen such a case filed. It could be different by city ordinance, depending on which jurisdiction you are in but these are the most likely involved Kansas statutes.

K.S.A. 21-6419. Prostitution.
    (a) Prostitution is performing for hire, or offering or agreeing to perform for hire where there is an exchange of value, any of the following acts:
    (1) Sexual intercourse;
    (2) sodomy; or
    (3) manual or other bodily contact stimulation of the genitals of any person with the
    intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desires of the offender or another.

(b) Prostitution is a class B nonperson misdemeanor.

K.S.A. 21-6421. Patronizing a prostitute.
    (a) Patronizing a prostitute is knowingly:
    (1) Entering or remaining in a house of prostitution with intent to engage in sexual
    intercourse, sodomy or any unlawful sexual act with a prostitute; or
    (2) hiring a prostitute to engage in sexual intercourse, sodomy or any unlawful sexual act.

(b) Patronizing a prostitute is a class C misdemeanor.

I would say it is possible for a prosecutor to charge you and the woman, given that the statute says "manual or other bodily contact stimulation of the genitals of any person with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desires of the offender or another."

2. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

Answered . Consult a local criminal attorney for the details of your state's prostitution laws. I think this is a frustrating waste of time but different strokes... Best of luck.