Is it illegal to order things from a catalog using someone else's name?

Saint Paul, MN |

my ex wife is still using my name to order things.

If she's using your credit card, then she's committing ID theft. If she's just continuing to get catalogs and ordering things in your name, then she's not really misusing your identity. But you can ask her to start using her own name and to stop using your name for anything.

I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls --- we need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. Thiss answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

What about the bills I'm getting? I'm getting phone calls demanding payment for items she ordered to her address. Oh and I live in a different state.