Is it illegal to have a knife in chicago with a blade of more then 2.5 inches and not concealed

Chicago, IL |

I had to word the question better, but I was asking because i wanted to carry around a 3 inch knife because small blades are too few and expensive. I also asked because the way the law is worded, they make it seem like you can carry a bigger blade so long as its not concealed but that sounds like banishing if It is even if its no longer then 3 inches, Also i'm not sure but i'm positive that Intent to use unlawfully on another includes self defense

1. See (720 ILCS 5/24-1) (from Ch. 38, par. 24-1) and consult an experienced criminal defense lawyer. The application of a statute is not a simple exercise but rather a complex legal analysis that includes the statute, the legislative history and intent, and the caselaw thst may limit or expand the meaning of the statutory language.

Criminal statutes usually detail what is not legal to do as opposed to what is legal to do.

Of course, every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should not be relied upon to make a legal decision. Seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney before acting. Law Offices of Raymond G. Wigell, Ltd. Defenders of the Constitution since 1975/ Aggressive Creative Defense Strategies/ Website: www.waaltd.com 24/7 --(708) 481-4800.

2. Yes, it is illegal. Consult the Illinois criminal code of 2012 (Article 24. Deadly weapons)

3. It is illegal.

This is not legal advice. This is merely a recommendation on how to get what you need from the Court.