Is it illegal to hack into someones facebook account?

Asked over 4 years ago - Dundalk, MD

my ex- boyfriend hacked into my facbook account and changed the password i figured it out and changed now i have gotten harassment texts and i ignored him and then told him i was done talking to him after he basically admitted to me that he had changed it though he failed at it because he left the email the same. Is there anything i can do?

1. Mitchell Paul Goldstein

Answered . Hacking into someone else's account may violate the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, state privacy laws, and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Contact the local FBI about possible criminal charges and contact Facebook about his violation of their terms and conditions. They may press charges as well for unauthorized use of their system.

[This communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

Mitchell P. Goldstein
    Richmond, VA 23230
    804-673-4358 Office
    mitch@mitchellpgoldstein.com Email