Is it illegal to check someone else's mailbox for your own mail?

Mcallen, TX |

I moved from one apartment to another apartment in the same complex. I did make a change of address on all I can remember. But some still go to my old apartment. I've asked the owner if he can check for my mail, but it's been about a month and nothing. I went to my old apartment to ask the new tenant that moved in but I am ignored. Can I personally check my old mailbox for my mail as long as I just get what is mine?

Go to the post office and fill out a change of address. I think it only costs $1.00.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.