Is it illegal to change a car color and not report it to the DMV

Asked almost 5 years ago - Columbus, OH

I bought a car that was in poor conditions of the paint color. I decided to paint it but changed it to a different color. I got pulled over for speeding and when the police man asked me for the regestration, saw that the car had been a different color. He impounded it.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . You may need a lawyer to help sort out for you the registration error? It may be that policeman was under a reasonable suspicion the car was stolen and the paint job was your effort to conceal the crime. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

God bless.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.