Is it illegal if I pay a the message therapist to shave my penis hair?

Austin, TX |

just shaving my penis hair nothing else, is that legal? is it prostitution?

1. In Texas, it is a crime to commit prostitution. Under Texas law, a person commits the crime of prostitution if they knowingly engage in or offer to engage in sexual contact for a fee or if they solicit another person in a public place for sexual conduct. The offense is established by either soliciting or receiving a fee. Whether this would be considered "sexual contact" - that I don't know, but why take the risk?

The information provided herein is general information only and not legal advice. The information provided herein does not create an attorney client relationship and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. It is important to have a consultation with an attorney as the information provided in this forum is limited and cannot possibly cover all potential issues in a given situation.

2. First of all, why don't you just do it yourself for free? There is some product on TV called NoNoPro that looks pretty interesting. Or, you could go with waxing for a cleaner look. You don't want to shave down there unless you want to be scratching your testicles on a regular basis. Both at work and social situations, that tends to be frowned upon.

Most therapists with refuse to shave your penis hair. Why would they want anything to do with that? They will also think that it is a sting operation by the police? Most people want their "junk" touched for some type of sexual fulfillment. If you are paying someone for some type of sexual fulfillment, in most states that is prostitution.

Go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond if you are insistent on shaving your balls and get a "Man Groomer", it even vibrates so it might give you two thrills in one.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

3. This is not an employment question. A criminal defense attorney is probably the best person to ask this question. Or, you could follow Mr. Leroi's advice and do your own grooming.

4. ... and you tagged this burning question "Legal Malpractice" because ... because... huh?

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.