Is it illegal for workers comp lawyer to lie and call family saying there with a temp agency and asking questions about ME.

Summerville, SC |

I was injured on the job 2 years ago. i have a court date to move treatment along that they do not want to provide for me. They are calling saying i used family members as a job reference. They are asking questions about how mobile i am and what my hobbies are is this legal.

1. It generally depends on what they did, and how they did it. You should give the facts to your Attorney.

We give free general concepts to be helpful, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

2. Huh? If the insurance company's lawyer called you or your family probing for info, and if you have your own lawyer, then that was probably unethical. But from your post I can't understand exactly who did what.

This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free consultation with me, please contact me through AVVO.

3. If you have an attorney then you need to tell them about this ASAP.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

4. If you have a lawyer, ask your lawyer.

If you don't, you need one NOW!

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.