Is it illegal for packaged foods to have high calories

Asked over 1 year ago - Decatur, GA

I am aware that 2% of America is trying to gain weight. I would like to provide package food meals with high, but HEALTHY calories. Is it illegal?

1. John P Corrigan

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your question is overly broad but I added the right categories for you to get additional answers and ideas as well as I have provided a link to the Food and Drug Administration which is the Agency that would have to be dealt with in terms of any ideas you may have. http://www.fda.gov/

2. Kevin M. Veler

1

Answered . If high calories were a crime, many fast food and prepackage food manufacturers would be convicted. After all, a small ice cream package serves 4?

Seriously, its not the calories, its the proper disclosures on packaging, legal ingredients and proper handling that are some of your major concerns

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . No. Most packaged foods have high calories.