Is it illegal for my life insurance company to keep delaying me filing a paper so that my policy runs out and I am dropped?

Florissant, MO |

My father filed the life insurance in 1984, I took it over in 2010. I was not given a single paper by the company. They claim there is only $3000 left in the account and want me to pay $400/quarter or they will drop me. They won't let me file any papers to increase from $52/quarter and keep using delaying tactics, and have to have an agent meet with me in order to file a paper, no computer forms, and keep delaying the meetings with the agent. My father told me I was covered 60% for disability, but the agent claims when I became disabled in 2003 that I didn't have disability, and since then they've been raising the rates on the policy. The agent told me 75 others he has to meet with the same issue as me. I have tried to file a paper since 2010, but they keep delaying it.

1. Best bet is to have a local insurance lawyer investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated aggressive Avvo attorney with a low fee. Good luck.

2. If you have the policy, have a life insurance lawyer review it. If not, write to the insurer asking for the policy. The policy will state the terms of the coverage.

3. Consult with a MO insurance lawyer for assistance. Good luck.