Is it illegal for my fiancé to visit the US on a B-2 visa with the intent to get married?

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

How can and/or will this affect the application for a green card? Is there a set time period for him to be in the US before we get married?

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

4

1

Answered . It will create a problem if he entered with an intent to get married and stay in the U.S.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . Not if he marries you at least 60 days after admission.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

4

1

Answered . Regardless, it is very stupid think to do. You do not want to do that, whether it is legal or not. It is not criminal but it is a visa fraud and can land you and your fiance in a lot of trouble. Use K1 via instead. Of course, I assumed you were a USC.