Is it illegal for my fiancé to visit the US on a B-2 visa with the intent to get married?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

How can and/or will this affect the application for a green card? Is there a set time period for him to be in the US before we get married?

It will create a problem if he entered with an intent to get married and stay in the U.S.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Not if he marries you at least 60 days after admission.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Regardless, it is very stupid think to do. You do not want to do that, whether it is legal or not. It is not criminal but it is a visa fraud and can land you and your fiance in a lot of trouble. Use K1 via instead. Of course, I assumed you were a USC.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.