Is it illegal for Avvo to selectively enforce its policy against self-promotion to suit its own self-interest?

Asked over 4 years ago - Massachusetts

Avvo has a policy against self-promoting by those answering questions.

Suppose - hypothetically - that a certain ilk of lawyer, in answering questions, included something like "call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX to discuss" or "my firm handles these types of matters, so feel free to call."

Now suppose - hypothetically - that a different ilk of lawyer included in his or her answers a link to a blog wherein he or she compared Avvo responders to "pimps," thereby impugning the credibility of the Avvo process.

Is it legal for Avvo to always delete the latter category of answers on the grounds that they violate the policy against self-promotion, but never the answers from the former category?

1. Michael L. Tumposky

2

1

Answered . Since it appears you are a lawyer, I am sure you know that the answer is yes.