Is it illegal for a used car dealer to sell you a car with no airbags, bad wheels, bad oil, & bad brakes?

Miami, FL |

& they would tell you the car is in perfect conditions. I found out 2 weeks ago my car was in an accident in the dealer place didnt tell me anything about it. They kept on saying that the car was in perfect conditions. The airbag sign would pop out and they woiuld tell me that was normal. Wahat can i do. I just found out my car has major problems even on the transmission and ive only had it for 3 months .

When i bought the car they told me the wheels were new the oil was changed. It ended up being all B.S. . A week after i had to change the oil it was really bad a week after that i had to change the brakes of the car it was bad as well it was making noise. & 2 weeks ago i went to tampa and my wheels popped they were terrible they were in really bad conditioins by the inside and out i took pictures of it and everything. AFter that happened my car was like a christmas tree all the lights on the monitor where on . When i got back to Miami i was on the highway and i started noticing my car wouldnt go higher then 40 and it would change gears on 5 or 6 when it is suppose to do it on 3.

No it's not illegal. Typically all used cars are sold "as-is." You should have received a Buyers Guide when you purchased the vehicle. Oral statements about the car or condition of the vehicle as very difficult to enforce in a court of law. If you have anything in writing about the condition of the car or repairs promised, you can get whatever is in writing enforced.

Without something in writing or a warranty, there is not much protection provided by law. It's buyer beware in Florida, especially with used vehicle purchases. I always advise my clients to get a pre-purchase inspection on all used automobiles regardless of the age of the vehicle. If the seller does not agree to an independent inspection, then you do NOT want to purchase the vehicle no matter how bad you want it.

I recommend you read this article provided by the Florida Attorney General:

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/main/2752ee5b7dc22ff785256cc9004ff9b4!OpenDocument

Good luck!

Zonald Spinks, Esq. Phone: (813) 413-5352 Fax: (813) 658-5893 Twitter: @ZonaldLaw Skype: Zonaldlaw Disclaimer: legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. This information is not intended as legal advice for an individual situation, it is only provided as information.

I went to the lexus place because i wanted to sell my car to them before i new all the problems it had. & they where the ones that told me that my car had been crashed and everything and that the airbags are not working . I have all the papers they gave me that day. When i went to the place where i bought my car they said that it couldnt be true so i showed them the carfax . they never told me at no time that my car had been crashed , they told me it was in perfect conditions. What can i do. I need some advice i really dont want to press a lawsuit on them i just want another car or my money back

Ronald Lee Burdge

Ronald Lee Burdge

It certainly sounds like fraud. You need to talk to a local car sales fraud lawyer near you. Check www.USLemonLawyers.com for a free national online list of lemon car lawyers and find one near you.

While I generally agree with attorney Spinks here, used car dealers are notorious for failing to follow the law in their paperwork and a mistake there might give you more legal rights than you know. Also every state has a Udap law that makes it illegal for a business to do anything that is deceptive to a consumer, and sometimes anything that is unfair too. But the law is certainly different in each state and your best bet is to talk with a car sales fraud or Consume Law attorney near you who knows your state's laws on car sales very well. There are several in the Miami area. You need to talk to a local Consumer Law attorney who deals with this kind of case (it's also called "autofraud" or car sales fraud). You can go to this web site page for a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers (http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/ocll-site/ocll-locate_local.shtml) and find one near you (lawyers don’t pay to get listed here and most of them are members of the only national association for Consumer Law lawyers, NACA.net). You can also look for one here on Avvo under the Find a Lawyer tab. Or you can call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Consumer Law attorney near you. But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to a Consumer Law attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please give a “Vote UP” review below. And be sure to indicate the best answer to your question so we can all be sure we are being helpful. Thanks for asking and Good Luck. Ron Burdge, www.BurdgeLaw.com

Did a business treat you unfairly? See what your Udap rights are to protect yourself, click here
http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/the-unfair-and-deceptive-acts-law-can-protect-consumers-from-dishonest-merchants

For a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers, click here
http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/ocll-site/ocll-locate_local.shtml

Click here to see what your state law says is unfair and deceptive and what your legal rights are
http://www.nclc.org/images/pdf/udap/analysis-state-summaries.pdf

Learn the tricks of car sales fraud so you don’t get ripped off, Click Here
www.carsalesfraud.com

Read this free online Avvo Legal Guide, What is Fraud?
http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-is-fraud-1

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The law in your state may differ and your best answer will always come from a local attorney that you meet with privately. If you need a Consumer Law attorney, click the link above to find a Consumer Law attorney near you.

Assuming argue do that atty Spinks correct on FL law I think he may have missed fed law on airbags? I'm fairly certain they must work. Additionally if you were lied to about the vehicle condition or were sold a prior undisclosed significant wreck, you likely have a claim under the FL udap law. Try Dana Manner in Miami for a consultation.