Is it illegal for a person 17 years of age or younger to buy/ possess an electronic cigarette or electronic cigarette products?

I realize this question has been asked here before. I just wanted to see if there was a clearer answer. While my local 'vape' store will sell minors e-cigarette products, I wanted to be clear.

Conroe, TX -

Michael Bruce Brown

Michael Bruce Brown

Juvenile Law Attorney - Grand Rapids, MI

There may not be a clear answer to this question until the purchase/possession of e-cigs by minors is banned by your state, town, or county. Cities and counties all around the country have been banning e-cig sales to minors and public smoking of e-cigs. There is no direct legislation that I'm aware of in TX banning underage possession/purchase of e-cigs, but it is technically possible that law enforcement could argue that e-cigs are a tobacco substitute. For the best answer, you should talk to someone involved in your local criminal justice community to find out how your authorities this issue.

Related Advice