Is it illegal for a dentist to bill your credit card before they do a dental procedure?

San Diego, CA |

I went to Cabrillo Dental and dentist secretary applied for Care Credit on my behalf. The same day without my consent they billed Care Credit $1500 for work they are suppose to do at a future date. I had asked the secretary when I would get billed and she said it would not be until I came to get the work done on my next appointment clearly she lied. I am not planing to go back since they are dishonest but does that mean I have to pay them the $1500 that they billed Credit Care? I already canceled the cared so that they do not charge for more work.

Prepare a written demand for a reversal of the charge, or in the alternative, a check in the full amount because you have decided to not use the services of that office. If you do not get the satisfaction you deserve, you can sue in small claims court for the $1,500 plus the interest you have had to pay on the card.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

Recommended articles about Personal injury