Is it illegal for a 16 year old to live with a 23 year old boyfriend with parental consent?

Asked over 1 year ago - Geneva, OH

My friend has been very concerned her mom does consent and allow her to live with her 23 year old boyfriend but she was wondering if there is any loop holes? Her mom consents to the relationship as well is there any loop hole with there relationship as well?

1. John W Weaver

Pro

Answered . The 23 year old boyfriend and/or the parents of the 16 year old need to consult with an OH attorney. I suspect that the boyfriend and perhaps the child's parents might be guilty of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. If they really need to live together, it would be best for them to be married, unless there is an OH statute which restricts her marrying at that age.

2. William Emil Cassara

Pro

Answered . I am not an OH lawyer, but a quick Google search tells me that due to the age difference, a sexual relationship is illegal. But you might want to consult a local lawyer. Candidly, the age difference here is pretty shocking. It is also shocking that her mom would consent.