Is it Harmful or Beneficial to take evidence in a case to the media?

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I have fairly strong evidence that the officer committed perjury on the Search Warrant and the Arrest Warrant. There is also very strong evidence that the child services caseworker threatened a child in the case to coerce a false allegation.
I really really want to call the news stations about this and blow this thing wide open, but I don't know how beneficial or harmful it would be to a criminal case.
All of the evidence is already in the court and cannot be suppressed as far as I know.

1. You should consult with a lawyer about your specific facts before going to the media. Any statement that you make to the media will be admissible in your case, and trying a case by public opinion may or may not be a winning legal strategy. In general such a move requires careful consideration and planning.

These statements do not constitute legal advice. They are meant to be general in nature, for any specific legal questions you should always seek the counsel of an experienced attorney.

2. It could be either, depending upon a number of factors. You need to discuss the specific details with an experienced attorney before you do anything.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation with Mr. Bryans, call The Bryans Law Office at (303) 832-2930.

3. I agree with the other attorneys. Work the criminal case first. Consider the second civil case later. The issues to ensure jail/prison and the conviction are far more important than whistle-blowing.

You can reach Mark Solomon at (720) 722-2050 for clarifications to any answers here. This is general informational response is based only on the information given. It should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer and getting a full consultation. This response to the question does not create an attorney-client relationship. This is general informational response is based only on the information given. It should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer and getting a full consultation. This response to the question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Mark Solomon Criminal Defense Attorney Solomon Law, P.C. 2600 S. Parker Rd, Suite 3-134, Aurora, CO 80014 (720) 722-2050 http://www.solomonesq.com/

4. In general it is a terribly poor idea. There may be rare exceptions. Discuss this with your attorney before you do anything.