Is it Harmful or Beneficial to take evidence in a case to the media?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

I have fairly strong evidence that the officer committed perjury on the Search Warrant and the Arrest Warrant. There is also very strong evidence that the child services caseworker threatened a child in the case to coerce a false allegation.
I really really want to call the news stations about this and blow this thing wide open, but I don't know how beneficial or harmful it would be to a criminal case.
All of the evidence is already in the court and cannot be suppressed as far as I know.

1. Russell J Hebets

Pro

7

Answered . You should consult with a lawyer about your specific facts before going to the media. Any statement that you make to the media will be admissible in your case, and trying a case by public opinion may or may not be a winning legal strategy. In general such a move requires careful consideration and planning.

2. Richard Waldron Bryans Jr.

5

Answered . It could be either, depending upon a number of factors. You need to discuss the specific details with an experienced attorney before you do anything.

3. Mark S. Solomon

4

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. Work the criminal case first. Consider the second civil case later. The issues to ensure jail/prison and the conviction are far more important than whistle-blowing.

4. Joshua Sachs

2

Answered . In general it is a terribly poor idea. There may be rare exceptions. Discuss this with your attorney before you do anything.