Is it good to give condo board the right to evict a tenant

Port Ewen, NY |
Filed under: Condominiums

Board is looking to amend bilaws to get permission to evict problem tenant

If it is good for everyone , then yes. Do you want undesirable tenants as neighbors?

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

The question is why do the by-laws need to be amended- normally, by-laws have built in provisions that address 'problem tenants'. This is a discussion that frankly, should be had with the condo board, and any such changes in the by-laws, if required, should be undertaken by the Board with the advice of retained counsel.

Please be advised that this answer shall not constitute legal advice, or create an attorney-client relationship.

If your neighbor was a true nuissance wouldn't you want the Board to get rid of him?

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

If they do not already have that right, then YES absolutely.

I may be guessing or not licensed in your state. No atty/client relationship exists.