Is it good to agree to do community service in order to dismiss the case? and Is it not show on my record at all later?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

I have charge of protection order violation, the prosecutor agreed to dismiss it if i will do 3 days of community service. is it fair deal and is it not going to be on my record at all? like as deferred sentence or any other way.

1. Ross Carlton Meltzer

3

Answered . You should speak with your attorney about whether this is a good offer. In general, however, community service may be a good alternative to incarceration and other punishments.

2. Peter John Marek

1

Answered . Sounds great. I have seen many instances where non lawyers try and make lawyer decisions that sound great but are not. At the very least consult with a lawyer or have one appointed to help you evaluate the offer.

3. Jay Bodzin

1

Answered . You should consult with an attorney before accepting any deal in a criminal case, or talking with the police or DA at all once you've been charged with a crime. That said, this certainly sounds like it could be a good deal - but without knowing all the facts, no one can say.

Please read the following notice: