Is it good to agree to do community service in order to dismiss the case? and Is it not show on my record at all later?

Sacramento, CA |

I have charge of protection order violation, the prosecutor agreed to dismiss it if i will do 3 days of community service. is it fair deal and is it not going to be on my record at all? like as deferred sentence or any other way.

1. You should speak with your attorney about whether this is a good offer. In general, however, community service may be a good alternative to incarceration and other punishments.

None of the information on this site constitutes legal advice. It is an ad for attorney services. The attorneys at DeDecker & Meltzer are licensed attorneys in the state of California. The information is intended to be general in nature as there are many laws and regulations not mentioned on this site that may apply to your situation. No attorney-client relationship is created between you and the Law Office of DeDecker & Meltzer unless a signed written fee agreement exists. You should not rely or act upon the information provided on this site without seeking the advice from an attorney.

2. You should consult with an attorney before accepting any deal in a criminal case, or talking with the police or DA at all once you've been charged with a crime. That said, this certainly sounds like it could be a good deal - but without knowing all the facts, no one can say.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

3. Sounds great. I have seen many instances where non lawyers try and make lawyer decisions that sound great but are not. At the very least consult with a lawyer or have one appointed to help you evaluate the offer.

Domestic violence topics