Is it good idea to change state , so my asylum case will be reviewed sooner in another uscis office.

Asked over 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

I live in LA and i applied for Asylum 6 month ago, but i've been still waiting my interview appointment! When some people from other states passed their interview withing 1-3 month since they applied!

So i guess that something wrong heppend in los angeles USCIS, because several people i know have been waiting for a year and more(they are from LA too)

1. And won't moving to another state results in lost of my case or somthing like this, would you suggest to move and use a chance or wait more?
2. What state is faster in consediration of asylum cases.

thaaaannnk you so much!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

17

Answered . Keep in mind that if you are not in status, and your asylum application is not approved, you may be placed in removal proceedings. If this occurs, San Francisco may be your best bet, and Atlanta your worst.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Changes state in order to select an asylum office may lead to a denial of the asylum claim and negative credibility determination.

3. Haroen Calehr

Pro

4

Answered . It depends where you are thinking of moving to. California and New Jersey, especially San Francisco are usually the favorites. By and large though LA is ok, not great but not as bad as Houston for instance where there is more denials and approvals. In general though asylum applications have a low approval percentage. So, it all depends where you want to move your application to. Good luck.