Is it fraud if I received welfare benefits for my child while living with the father and parents, but using my grandma's address

Asked about 1 year ago - Alliance, OH

We are not married and I did not report that I was living with him and his parents. I used my grandmother's address for payments and communications. I am in a custody battle now and it is easily provable that I lived with them for 15 months. Do I need to worry that they could report me? Thank you.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ronald Lee Burdge


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes. Talk this over with your custody lawyer right away.

    This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The law in your... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,226 answers this week

3,111 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,226 answers this week

3,111 attorneys answering