Is it fraud if I bought a second home and short saled the first because it wouldn't rent?

Glendale, AZ |

I bought a second home to down size with the intentions of renting my first, and can't rent it ,now I 'm force to short sale it. How do I protect myself against mortgage fraud .

Honesty is always best to avoid any assertion of fraud. I'm guessing you are concerned about fraud with respect to the new home loan, so, assuming you made a good faith effort to rent out the property, I believe you should be fine should such a claim be made against you. But "mortgage fraud" has many meanings; it may be best to consult with a local attorney to make sure you truly are without risk.

Accessing this website or receiving an electronic transmission from Nagle Law Group, P.C., or any specific attorney at Nagle Law Group, P.C., does not create an attorney-client relationship or any other duty on the part of Nagle Law Group, P.C. An attorney-client relationship is only created upon an express agreement with an attorney at Nagle Law Group, P.C.

Recommended articles about Real estate