Skip to main content

Is it fair that if an American mother does not want to

New York, NY |

Is it fair that if an American mother does not want to comply with United States, paternity/child custody and child support laws, she must give birth in the Bahamas and got a court order that says that her children can’t leave the Bahamas before her 18 birthday?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Fair from who's perspective? And what court issued the order? Call a NYC Child Custody lawyer to schedule a consult.

    * If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

  2. This does not sound accurate. Please consult with an attorney who is familiar with international and federal law in these areas.

  3. You need to consult with an attorney to help you.

    I am an attorney with over a decade of experience in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have experience in all five boroughs as well is Nassau and Suffolk County. The opinion expressed in this ad based upon the limited information provided and do not indicate an attorney-client relationship

  4. This sounds like there are a lot of facts behind this matter. It is best to consult with a lawyer with experience in this area. If you cannot afford same, please visit Good luck!

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics