Is it easy to change my visa status from b1 to f1 while am in usa for 3 month or i have to return back to my country to change ?

Asked 7 months ago - Houston, TX

am here in the states on vistor visa and i will enroll in university to take a master degree so i cab change the visa to f1 from here easily and guaranteed

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You first need to be accepted by the university. Contact the DSO at the school.

    The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It... more
  2. Paris Bolem Lee

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This type of change of status is not a guaranteed type of proposition. You need to consult with an attorney to evaluate the circumstances.

    The above is general information only and should not be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No, it is not easy.

    Talk to the school's foreign student adviser.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,806 answers this week

2,749 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,806 answers this week

2,749 attorneys answering