Is it criminal behavior when the triage nurses or the room nurses selectively document medical problems, physical symptoms and

Newport Beach, CA |

intentionally screen out significant medical complaints)? Then they followed up with manipulating vital signs to down play significant medical issues and discharge the PT with significant physical damages/injuries?

For example, the PT went in with complaints of repeated episodes of low blood pressure and concern for potential cardiovascular system collapse. The resting blood pressure in the hospital room was also consistent with her home measurement and it was low. The nurse came in and she told her that they are discharging her, then started to talk to her condescending and this stressed out the PT and her blood pressure shot up by 20 systolic points. Then the nurse recorded this blood pressure as the discharge blood pressure.

Are these conducts all legal?

They then alleged (by faking the medical record) that her blood pressure was not low at all. They are licensed medical professionals. They know your blood pressure can go up by 20-30 points in matter of seconds by stressing you or causing you physical pain. PPS. AVVO censorship does not allow me to post following in reply to Mr. McCormick. "Why do people think anything that occur within the medical facility is a malpractice (mistake)? People can kill you or assault you on the street and hire people to cover it up. Then they are all accomplices and guilty of crime. Why do you think when the crime scene shits to the medical facility, the same act of intentionally injuring or covering up is suddenly not criminal? Do you think the nurses and health care professionals are so holy that they do not do any wrong doings? (just like the cops and private lawyers don't do any wrong doings?)

1. If the conduct you allege is true, it would be better characterized as medical malpractice, not criminal behavior.

Kevin King, Principal- Essential Law Services. HTTP://ESSENTIALAW.COM, 415-562-6862. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended and should not be construed as legal advice for a particular case. This post does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author of the question answered. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult with me or another qualified attorney off-site.

2. It is not criminal in nature but could potentially be negligent. However, you do not mention an injury to the patient. Damages (an injury) is a requirement for a negligence claim.

3. This is not criminal behavior, but goes directly to the standard of care you received. Thus, it would be a medical malpractice matter.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

4. The fact that you are no longer attacking Jews, women or Hispanics in your postings does not disguise you.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.