Is it court days or calendar to serve and file on the other party . . .

Marina Del Rey, CA |

a Settlement Conference Statement in a Family Law case and do I bring this statement with me to the settlement officer.

Calendar days. Good luck!

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.

You should always bring your Settlement Conference Statement with you as well as that of you spouse.

If you found this response helpful, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this response. Thank you. Mr. Richardson can be reached at 650.324.4801 and practices in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, concentrating in non-adversarial dispute resolution as a mediator and collaborative lawyer. The California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization certifies Mr. Richardson as a specialist in California Family Law. He offers no comments or advice with respect to the laws of any state or jurisdiction other than California. The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. Mr. Richardson is not your lawyer unless and until you and he have personally met together. This post does not constitute legal advice, and no lawyer client relationship results.

THANK YOU BUT is it seven calendar court days to file and serve?

George Baker Richardson

George Baker Richardson

Sorry, calendar days.

See Local Rule 3.25. Always bring your documents to the settlement conference or to court.