Is it correct that in California you will loose your option of going to traffic school

Fremont, CA |

If you go to the court and found guilty of speeding?

The California Rules of Court prohibit the traffic court from having a blanket rule of denying traffic school because a defendant exercises his/her right to a trial but as a practical matter, I would not expect traffic school post conviction.

Be sure that you have a legal argument for trial. The commissioners HATE the emotional argument, e.g., "The cop was mean to me", or "I would never do that".

Scotty

2. You shouldn't -but some judges will deny traffic school if after hearing your testimony find you so at odds with officers's testimony. Get an attorney .

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

3. Technically, no. The court has discretion after trial. Unfortunately however, some judges in certain counties will deny traffic school after trial for no good reason.

Traffic tickets topics