Is it correct that in California you will loose your option of going to traffic school

Fremont, CA |

If you go to the court and found guilty of speeding?

The California Rules of Court prohibit the traffic court from having a blanket rule of denying traffic school because a defendant exercises his/her right to a trial but as a practical matter, I would not expect traffic school post conviction.

Be sure that you have a legal argument for trial. The commissioners HATE the emotional argument, e.g., "The cop was mean to me", or "I would never do that".

Scotty

You shouldn't -but some judges will deny traffic school if after hearing your testimony find you so at odds with officers's testimony. Get an attorney .

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Technically, no. The court has discretion after trial. Unfortunately however, some judges in certain counties will deny traffic school after trial for no good reason.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets