Is it correct that in California you will loose your option of going to traffic school

If you go to the court and found guilty of speeding?

Fremont, CA -

Scotty J Storey

Scotty J Storey

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Jose, CA

The California Rules of Court prohibit the traffic court from having a blanket rule of denying traffic school because a defendant exercises his/her right to a trial but as a practical matter, I would not expect traffic school post conviction.

Be sure that you have a legal argument for trial. The commissioners HATE the emotional argument, e.g., "The cop was mean to me", or "I would never do that".

Scotty

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Thousand Oaks, CA

You shouldn't -but some judges will deny traffic school if after hearing your testimony find you so at odds with officers's testimony. Get an attorney .

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
Michael J Silveira

Michael J Silveira

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - San Francisco, CA

Technically, no. The court has discretion after trial. Unfortunately however, some judges in certain counties will deny traffic school after trial for no good reason.

Related Advice